Underrway – offshore hop

Headed out the Cape Fear River inlet this morning to do a coastal hop. Cold front came through last night and now have NE winds. was forecast to be 15-20 kts; had a good sail out this morning, but wind has subsided to 5-10 this afternoon – so we’re motoring now. It’s forecast to pick up to 15-20 gusting 25 tonight… we’ll see. Will continue along the coast as long as it remains comfortable. Possible bail out points include Georgetown SC, Charleston SC, Hilton Head SC, Savannah GA, Brunswick SC, St Mary’s SC. If we continue to St Mary’s, it will be a Tue PM arrival (2 days from now).

Jeremy, Nica, Julian, and Maddie

At 10/25/2009 6:32 PM (utc) our position was 33°45.70’N 078°33.10’W Position reports and track:
http://www.winlink.org/dotnet/maps/PositionReportsDetail.aspx?callsign=AA1RU

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s